Corporate Knowledge

Happy Monday!

Most of you may know this– but if you don’t, I AM NOT A FULL-TIME CONTENT CREATOR! In fact, I think I create content 40% of my time– which leaves the remaining 60% to be a Fair Housing Specialist and Master of City Planning student at Boston University.

Often times, it’s perceived that I sacrifice a lot of my personal style because of the professional demands of being a government employee. And the life of a graduate student isn’t like undergrad either. Gone are the days of sweats and uggs. Now it’s, “You-Never-Know-Who’s-The-Guest-Speaker-Make-Sure-You-Make-An-Impression-“. With those everyday pressures, I still find time to insert a little bit of Chardline the style blogger. I am a firm believer of us working to live and not living to work. Therefore, sacrificing personal style isn’t my forte.

This week, I wanted to introduce a brand that’s new to the blog: Navabi! Carries over 100 premium plus size brands– from Ralph Lauren to Manon Baptiste, Navabi is the perfect place to shop if you’re looking for an array of high-quality clothing for decent pricing. Today, I am featuring a look that I could wear to work and school– which is typically my ideal look.

A great everyday dress that you can dress up with the perfect belt or dress down with a pair of Converse sneakers is Navabi’s Manon Baptiste FLARED SKIRT JERSEY DRESS. I’ve already worn mine to work, church, and to a wedding. The fit and flare look is really agreeable with my shape because it accentuates my waist without having to squeeze my breast together.

To continue along with Manon Baptiste, Navabi’s CHECK PRINT WOOL COAT (which is currently on sale) is another timeless piece that you can dress up or down. My favorite way to style this coat is with pump and skinny jeans! But of course, it looks like a very corporate jacket that is calm enough to take to the courthouse with you but still makes a statement.

Lastly, I’ve never really been into backpacks, but when I saw this Ralph Lauren bag, I needed it! It’s currently sold out, but here’s a similar bag! Once I paired my outfit with some tights and a belt, I felt like I conquered the cute yet corporate look! What do you think?



1 Comment

  1. Banji Odekunle
    January 18, 2019 / 5:08 am

    How much is it? I mean the one she is putting on in the picture

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.