Happy Fat Tuesday Everyone!!!
I wanted to tell you all about an amazing opportunity to be featured in Rachelle Abellar’s Fatshion Zine! Here’s a background on Rachelle Abellar and her project:
A little bit about me: I am a social justice/fat activist. I am the founder of PNW Fattitude, a group that hosts events for people of size in the Pacific Northwest. I am also an avid zinester, and you can see some of my work here.
About the zine: Following fat activists and fashion bloggers has played a huge role in my journey to accepting and loving my fat body. Being able to see people who look like me wearing clothes I never thought I was allowed to wear was life-changing. Though fat bodies are starting to find their way into mainstream media, they aren’t truly representative of how diverse fat people are. I want to create a zine showcasing fatties from all over the world in the hope that it will inspire others. Your photo and information will be featured on your own 6×9 color page.
I love the idea of the project!! It’s truly one of a kind–featuring plus size bodies that we typically don’t see in the plus size mainstream media!
So what does Rachelle need from you?
What I need from you:
A well-lit high-res full body photo of you in your favorite outfit, or an outfit that is representative of your style. Some notes:
- You can pose however you’d like, as long as you are facing the camera and your entire outfit is in frame.
- I prefer photos sans cell phones — if you can get someone to assist you or have access to a tripod and timer/remote, that would be ideal. That said, you can use your cell phone to take the photo as long as it is not in the shot.
- Photo must be at least 4×6 in (1200×1800 px) but the bigger, the better! (Remember, your photos will be in print and the smaller the size, the lower the quality will be)
- A detailed description of where you purchased items in your ensemble, if possible (see OOTD/Fatshion February posts for examples).
- Your preferred display name.
- Where you are located.
- Photo credit.
Optional info to add to your page so people can get to know you:
- Where people can find you (websites, social media, etc)
- Anything you’d like to promote?
- Preferred pronouns?
- How would you describe your style?
- What is your favorite place to shop?
- Who is your style icon?
- What do you do for a living?
- Any other info you’d like to add?
That’s it?!?! But guess what? THE DEADLINE IS NEARING!
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, March 8, 2015. Please email them to [email protected].
Rachelle’s goal is to have the zine designed and sent to the printer by the end of March and at that time, I will send contributors a digital download.
Here’s a sample of what you can submit to the Zine
Pretty simple right? It doesn’t have to be as elaborate as this one but if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rachelle [email protected] For more details check out her blog post: Fatshion Zine.