Happy Wednesday All!
I know it seems like I disappeared off the face of the earth, but no worries I am back. Balancing a career, being a professional student, and attempting to keep a social life isn’t the easiest thing to do. But hey, I am 26 yrs old, I think I need to start getting used to it.
During my attempt to salvage the little bit of social life I have, I convinced my friends to come to Boston’s Ebony Gala 2014. This annual event is held by National Society of Black Engineers brings together young professionals from all backgrounds for a night a food, fun, and finesse! Looking at the pictures from last year truly inspired me to do a post on some options for us curvy ladies looking to show out for this year’s gala!
Below are my top 5 picks for this year’s EBONY GALA!!
- Monif C– If you are looking to make a statement and define your curves every step of the way, then this is the spot to go! Here are my top three dresses from Monif C.
- Zelie for She – If you’re looking for the pieces that NO ONE will have when you walk through the door, Zelie for She is the place to look! So many different collections to choose from!
- Asos– I truly couldn’t help the post more than 3 picks for Asos because their pieces range from modest to chic! If you are stuck on what to buy for the gala, Asos has got you covered!
- Rum and Coke – NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT A NEW COLLECTION! Rum and Coke just launched a new collection a few days ago and it is OFF THE WALL! Typically I would look at a few collections from other designers and see my “hit or misses” but EVERY SINGLE PIECE IN RUM AND COKE’s collection is a HIT!
- Jibri– Jibri is an indie designer that I’ve grown to love over my blogging years! Ms. Elder brings out happy feelings on a gloomy day with her pieces!
Want to know what I am wearing to the GALA? Tune in next time!!